Sunday, August 2, 2009

Now I Know Why Ringo Was My Favorite Beatle

Photo: AP photo composite by POLITICO
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/25691.html

By PATRICK GAVIN
Music superstar Paul McCartney is rocking out at FedEx Field Saturday night and, since he's near the White House, Sir Paul gave a special tribute to first lady Michelle Obama: Before playing the Beatles classic, "Michelle", McCartney told the packed audience that he was dedicating it to the first lady.

Considering that the song's lyrics include "I love you, I love you, I love you / That's all I want to say" and "I need to make you see / What you mean to me", it's high praise indeed.


If you are a Beatles fan like me, you will enjoy this:
For You Beatle Fans posted Feb 09

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Yet another reason for me to like Sir Paul, alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I love the Beatles music despite their politics. I've had the opportunity to see Paul live in concert 3 times. I wish I had been able to see a Beatles concert in person. Been a fan of theirs since I was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Trolls will not be tolerated.