Saturday, March 28, 2009

What's All This About Tea Bags?




















I received this "tea bag" postcard message for the April 15th Tax Day Tea Party from the Punta Gorda Tax Day Tea Party organizer. It's an alternative to the photo of a tea bag I posted on March 19. You can save the picture to your computer by right clicking and saving it to a folder. Use either one, or make one up of your own.

I also edited one and left the address area blank so you can send it to your Reps and Senators. Don't forget Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, too. You can get their Washington addresses at the House & Senate website links in the Links section of the blog.

I was thinking about the "e-mail" idea, but when I tried to copy the photo to the "Contact" page on the White House website, it doesn't work. I don't know the Prez's e-mail address either. I'm thinking that mailing the photo directly to the White House address may be the way to go, just mail it early enough to get there by April 15. If I find out any more information about an e-mail address, I'll post it, but I have a feeling the "delete" button at the White House is going to get worn out on April 15.

According to the e-mail I received from the Punta Gorda organizer, the national http://taxdayteaparty.com/ website has had over 3/4 million hits as of a few days ago.

This is an explanation taken right from the national website:

What is this Tea Party effort all about?
The Tea Party effort is just a small piece of a much larger movement aimed at restoring the basic free-market principles our country was built on. The Constitution, for the most part, is being ignored by our current government and we intend on working together to correct the problem.

The Tea Party effort is a grassroots, collaborative volunteer organization made up of every day American citizens from across the country. We take pride in the fact that we've built a 50 state network of leaders and activists using nothing more than the internet, a few websites and a burning desire to restore freedom.


Check out the website and get more information about the movement. I hope you'll consider attending a "Tea Party" if there's one near you. We're going to the one in Fort Myers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Respectful comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Trolls will not be tolerated.