Thursday, July 3, 2014

The American's Creed

Our Flagpole


Happy Independence Day!

I attended a Tea Party picnic and meeting on Tuesday evening.  The speaker read something called The American's Creed.  I decided it would make the perfect Independence Day post.

I think there are some folks in Washington, DC who need to read this and take it to heart.

The American's Creed

by William Tyler Page
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.
I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.
–Written 1917, accepted by the United States House of Representatives on April 3, 1918.


Remember to keep America in your prayers every day.

America (My Country, 'Tis of Thee)

 My country,' tis of thee, 
 sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing; 
 land where my fathers died, 
 land of the pilgrims' pride, 
 from every mountainside let freedom ring! 

 My native country, thee, 
 land of the noble free, thy name I love; 
 I love thy rocks and rills, 
 thy woods and templed hills; 
 my heart with rapture thrills, like that above. 

 Let music swell the breeze, 
 and ring from all the trees sweet freedom's song; 
 let mortal tongues awake; 
 let all that breathe partake; 
 let rocks their silence break, the sound prolong. 

 Our fathers' God, to thee, 
 author of liberty, to thee we sing; 
 long may our land be bright 
 with freedom's holy light; 
 protect us by thy might, great God, our King.






1 comment:

Respectful comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Trolls will not be tolerated.