Photo by Bebeto Matthews/AP
I was happy to hear that Senators McCain, Graham and Ayotte were not happy with Ambassador Susan Rice's explanation of why she lied about the attack in Benghazi. I was holding my breath thinking they were going to cave in and back down, leaving a wide open path for her nomination to Secretary of State. Graham and Ayotte say they will seek to block Ms. Rice, and Senator McCain said he will be "hard pressed" to support her.
Ambassador Rice's Benghazi lies aren't the only reason she should be stopped from becoming the next Secretary of State. Breitbart lists the Top 10 reasons to oppose Susan Rice:
10. Rice was once opposed by members of the Congressional Black Caucus.Go to Breitbart to read about each of the above reasons in more depth. This woman has a past, and it's not racist to call her out on it.
9. Refused to call Rwanda genocide a "genocide," for political reasons.
8. Opposed providing life-saving HIV/Aids drugs to Africa.
7. Prevented the U.S. from taking Osama bin Laden from Sudan.
6. Rebuked Israel at the UN Security Council.
5. Absenteeism at the UN.
4. Failure to act against violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
3. Support for anti-American campaigns at UN.
2. A pattern of past falsehoods.
1. Misinforming the public about the Benghazi terror attacks.
There's a senator waiting in the wings in case Rice doesn't fly. That would be Senator John Kerry (D-MA), who Senator McCain said he would prefer over Rice. (Doesn't sound promising either way, if you ask me.)
Bill O'Reilly and Charles Krauthammer had an interesting discussion about Ambassor Rice on O'Reilly's November 27th show. I tend to agree.