Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's "Dog Eat Blue-Dog" in the House of Reps



This is a late breaking article from Hotair.com:

Awesomely Awesome War Breaking Out Among Democrats Over Obamacare
posted at 8:30 pm on July 24, 2009 by Allahpundit

Excerpt:

The seven Blue Dogs on the Energy and Commerce Committee stormed out of a Friday meeting with their committee chairman, Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), saying Waxman had been negotiating in bad faith over a number of provisions Blue Dogs demanded be changed in the stalled healthcare bill.

“I’ve been lied to,” Blue Dog Coalition Co-Chairman Charlie Melancon (D-La.) said on Friday. “We have not had legitimate negotiations…

If the two sides cannot reach an agreement, the only hope for passage of the bill in the House will be to go straight to the floor, an option leaders shied away from endorsing but said was an option.

But the Blue Dogs issued dire warnings to leaders contemplating that approach.

“Waxman simply does not have votes in committee and process should not be bypassed to bring the bill straight to floor,” Rep. Mike Ross (D-Ark.), the lead Blue Dog negotiator, said on Friday. “We are trying to save this bill and trying to save this party.”


Even though this all sounds promising, I still don't trust the Blue Dog Dems. After they caved on the Cap & Tax Bill, it leads me to believe that a little Chicago thuggery arm twisting and a few bribes thrown in to sweeten the pot, may be enough to flip them.

Let's pray that their constituents can convince them during their August recess that it's in their best interest to vote NO to Obamacare.

And we have to keep filling up their e-mail boxes and fax machines, too. We can't afford to take an August recess.

Additional reading:

TheHill.com article: House Healthcare Talks Break Down In Anger

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. You are so right. The blue dogs have let us down before. Let us keep the pressure on.

    Thank you for putting me on your blog roll. I have put you on my blogroll too. Right now you are at the bottom of the list. Not sure why. I redid it a couple of times to see if that would help. Maybe after you enter your next post you will pop to the top. I'll keep an eye on it and figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I found you from the Quickwit blog. I have enjoyed what you are writing. I tried to put you into my Google Reader so I can get updates as they are published, but my Google Reader doesn't recognize the address. I hope I'll be able to follow you as a 'friend'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opus#6:
    Thanks for checking out my blog and adding me to your blogroll. I enjoy your blog...although I think I'm a little jealous over your blog romance with Nickie Goomba. Thanks for the comment.

    Linda:
    Thank you for checking out my blog. I don't know what the problem is with the Google Reader, though. I tried it myself and it worked. Thanks for the comment and for the follow. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Respectful comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Trolls will not be tolerated.