Saturday, April 4, 2009

Are We Next?











I was snooping around and came across a blog in Scotland. Ok, don't ask me why I checked out a blog from Scotland, but I did. One posting stuck out like a sore thumb.

The post I read stated that as of Monday, the mobile calls, emails and websites of EVERY person in Britian will be stored for a year. This took me back a little because I hadn't heard this reported anywhere, so I decided to Google it and found an article explaining the new law.

A snippet from the The Independent article by Robert Verkaik reads:

"Although the new retention powers will not permit the storage of the content of emails or phone calls it will show details such as IP addresses, date, time and user telephone numbers. Under the terms of the EU directive, the Home Office has written to leading internet service providers and phone companies offering to compensate them for the costs incurred in retaining the data for a year."

I wonder how long it will take before this spreads to the USA. With the "global world order" that seems to be our future, and with Obama leading the way, we could be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Respectful comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Trolls will not be tolerated.