Graphic By KeithJK1
Do we need more proof that the Obama Regime is on a mission to usurp power from Congress and place it in Obama's own hands?
A Fox News article states:
A group of Republican senators has written to top immigration officials in the Obama administration asking them to reveal whether large-scale plans are under way to provide a so-called non-legislative version of amnesty.
The lawmakers cite an 11-page draft document written by staff to the director of the Citizenship and Immigration Service that says they are reviewing several executive orders and other mechanisms that effectively would serve as a substitute for comprehensive immigration reforms.
Of course, the Obama Regime, through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), denies any plan to pass amnesty to illegal aliens by executive hocus pocus.
…"Nobody should mistake deliberation and exchange of ideas for final decisions. To be clear, DHS will not grant deferred action or humanitarian parole to the nation's entire illegal immigrant population,"…
Why should we believe the USCIS? I sure don't. I don't believe anything the Regime tells us.
Obama has loaded up his Regime with Czars just for this purpose. These like-minded progressives are in positions that do not have to answer to Congress. Just take a look at this article in The Daily Caller to see the list of 38, yes 38, Obama Czars or maybe we can call them "Regulators".
Amnesty isn't the only thing we need to be watching. Cap & Tax is another issue that will be passed through without Congress. Why do you think Harry Reid dropped it this year? The Obama EPA has the power to do the dirty deed and we won't have anything to say about it.
While it is true that Cap and Trade doesn’t live in Congress anymore, it is very much alive and kicking over at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Worse, Harry Reid and Congress didn’t abandon Cap and Trade; they merely shifted it over to the EPA to guarantee its future.
Or how about Obama's new Health Czar, Donald Berwick? He's the guy who said:
…"The decision is not whether or not we will ration care -- the decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open."Phyllis Schlafly says…"Note the imperial "we." That's the way czars talk…"
…Berwick said, "I cannot believe that the individual health care consumer can enforce through choice the proper configurations of a system as massive and complex as health care. That is for leaders to do."…
…Berwick even promises that he will train young doctors and nurses to understand "the risks of too great an emphasis on individual autonomy."…
Berwick now has control over our life and death.
Here are more examples of the power Obama's czars/regulators wield over us, taken from Phyllis Schlafly's article in TownHall.com:
The term czar has come to mean a presidential crony appointee who was never vetted by the Senate and who exercises sweeping regulatory authority without congressional oversight. But let's not lose sight of the vastly increased regulations issued by established agencies.
Obama wasn't kidding when he promised to "fundamentally transform the United States." He has figured out how to bypass Congress and rule us by czars and a tsunami of regulations.
- Obamacare's 2,000-plus pages created about 160 new agencies and boards with regulatory power. The Department of Health and Human Services just published 864 pages of regulations to govern electronic medical records.
- President Obama just signed the 2,300-page Dodd-Frank financial reform bill. Its implementation will require at least 243 new regulations by 11 federal agencies, several of which do not yet exist.
- Obama's Secretary of Energy, Steven Chu, brags that under his leadership, the Department of Energy (DOE) has "accelerated the pace" of regulation and "placed new resources and emphasis behind the enforcement" of new regulations which "increase the stringency" of "minimum conservation standards" for all sorts of home appliances. Look out! The energy police are invading our homes.
- In April, DOE issued a new rule that gas fireplace logs cannot use more than 9,000 BTUs per hour, which is about one-tenth of what current gas logs require. This new rule will wipe out the gas fireplace industry, and the gas log in my home would become illegal.
- In May, DOE effectively banned showerheads with multiple nozzles by ruling that all nozzles combined will be permitted to deliver no more than an anemic 2.5 gallons per minute. This rule will destroy upscale showers and handheld sprays used by the disabled and elderly, like the one I use.
The United States was formed with three branches of government, the Executive, the Legislative and the Judicial. Obama has taken the Separation of Powers provided in the Constitution and made it irrelevant. Even the Canadian Press chimed in back in February:
Baffled over his inability to get his boss’s agenda passed; despite unstoppable majorities in both houses of Congress, President Obama has determined that America can get along just fine without three branches of government.
“With much of his legislative agenda stalled in Congress, President Obama and his team are preparing an array of actions using his executive power to advance energy, environmental, fiscal and other domestic policy priorities.”
Now that the American citizenry has made itself utterly clear in its collective repudiation of the Soros-Obama agenda, the president is prepared to act on his own without meddlesomeness by Congress or the bothersome American people.
Even if the Republicans take over of Congress in November (and that is not written in stone), it will be difficult to reign in the Obama progressive agenda. The regulator czars will still be there to take up the slack. The November elections are a start, but until Obama is voted out of office, it's going to be an uphill climb. And as far as Obama being voted out of office...well watch this:
Do the people in America realize what is happening here? I know we do, but how about your friends and neighbors who don't pay attention to politics and are too apathetic to give a damn? Keep beating the drum and pounding that keyboard. We have a lot of work to do if we are going to keep our Republic. It's already half way out the door and on the way to the trash heap.
Read about the amnesty memo: GOP Lawmakers Want Explanation of Draft Memo on Amnesty for Thousands
Read more about Obama'z czars: More Unaccountable Obama Czars
Read more about Massachusetts and the electoral college change: Massachusetts Looking Past Electoral College