Friday, March 13, 2009

"We Surround Them" Viewing Event in Cape Coral, FL


Here are some photos from the "We Surround Them" Glenn Beck viewing event TCGuy & I went to today at 5 PM. It was held at a local bar/restaurant called "First Round Draft Sports Pub". From what we were told, the reservation was for 50 people. By the time we got there, the parking lot was full and there were cars parked everywhere. We had to park 2 blocks away. The count posted on their website tonight estimates 250 people. I found out about it on the "We Surround Them" website, but a local radio program mentioned it this morning, so I guess word spread quickly.

I didn't know what to expect, but I was glad we decided to watch the show with other people. The event organizer(s) passed out some information about a new grassroots website for the area. The site is up and already has some photos from the viewing party, links to tonight's TV show and the post show. Check out http://www.hopefl.info/ website. There's also a link to George Washington's farewell address (it was mentioned during the show). I was really happy to hear that there is going to be a "Tax Day Tea Party" in Cape Coral. We thought we were going to have to go up to Punta Gorda to attend one, so this was a pleasant surprise.

The folks at the event were enthusiastic, applauding and cheering during the show. It was great to see so many people who are on the same wavelength and want to do something positive.

Glenn Beck announced a new project called "The 9/12 Project". The idea is that we need to get back to the way we felt on September 12, 2001.

The website is www.the912project.com .

I hope you had a chance to see the show. Live video from viewing events was being shown during the show. There were gatherings all over the country. Even soldiers in Iraq were watching.
I think Glenn made his point. We are not alone in our thoughts and beliefs about our country. We "surround them" (those who are "changing" our country). We are all around them, everywhere in the country, and we are going to make a difference.

I hope you're going to attend a "Tea Party" near you, send in a tea bag to the Prez on April 1, and/or somehow get involved. Staying up to speed on things and talking to your friends and family is really important. Reading about and learning more about the founding of our country and making sure our kids learn too.

Seems the older I get, the more I appreciate how lucky I am to have been born in America. I've taken a lot for granted. I don't want my country to change...especially for the worse. It scares me. But I do believe that the people are going to be heard; the "revolution" if you want to call it that, is going to make a difference. After seeing the people tonight, and listening to them saying the same things we have been thinking, I have a positive feeling that we are on the right course.

Don't forget to check out http://www.the912project.com/ Right after Glenn mentioned the new website on the TV show tonight, so many people logged on that it went down. They are going to get it back up on a bigger server, so you may not be able to get on to the site on your first few tries. I couldn't get on tonight. It's amazing how many people are taking a stand.
















Can you see TCGuy on the right in the last photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Respectful comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Trolls will not be tolerated.